Tuesday 25 August 2015

August 24th+25th Travels

        Started out Monday morning up to Fly Flatts with the intention
        of staying there for a while but it never happened as I got up there
        the moors were on fire and the fire brigade were all around the reservoir.
 
         10+ Swallows , 10+ Wheatear, 3 Red Grouse, 2 Pheasant ,
         Flock of Meadow Pipits, flock of Linnet.

       Next stop was up to Soil Hill but all I found was dog poop on the track,
       then on to Taylor lane in search for Spotted Flycatcher and Cuckoo but
       all I got was wishful thinking but I did see a black rabbit in the fields,
       wild or escapee its a mystery, so went down to Cromwell Bottom with
      more wishful thinking but all I got was Gnat bites and my arms are swollen
      to twice the size, bumped in to Mike Henshaw and Kath Gammell and had
      a nice chat and telling me the the open day was a success which was nice to
      hear, but no sign of the Little Egret.
                                                     
     Tuesday at work kept getting messages that the cuckoo was still being seen
     up at Taylor lane so had a venture up after work, parked the car opened the door
     and there it was on the telephone wires, I was well chuffed as its a first for me just
     a shame the lighting was so poor but at least I got a few shots of it and then John
     popped up and seen it as well so that was two of us that were happy and two farmers
     stopped in there jeep and told us that they'd seen a cuckoo on the wall earlier in the day.




















2 comments:

Bradshaw Rambler said...

Enjoyed the chat Dave.
Nice pics.
See you around.
John

Brian Sumner . said...

Good do on the Cuckoo and good shots. You were right about there being 2