Wednesday 2 September 2015

Soil Hill Mystery

            Had a wander up Soil Hill today where what I thought were Buzzards
            could of been something else, 1 was deffo a Common Buzzard but the
            other could of been a juv or something else, bumped into Graham Haigh
            but it was very quiet but a Weasel cheered us up, it was that close it could
            of been on my arm down at Taylor Lane, we were in search of the Cuckoo
            which I caught up with an hour or so later, I got a call from Dave Sutcliffe
            who was up at Roper Lane so popped up to see him as he'd scoped a Redstart
            again which I was glad about as it's a lifer for me, was quiet for a while and
            then a mad half hour as 4 Raven flew through, Sparrowhawk & Kestrel fight,
            flock of Siskin and Linnet, lots of Swallows and Kestrels in action.

            2 Sparrowhawk, 2 Buzzards ?, 8 Kestrel, 4 Raven, 1 Cuckoo,1 Redstart,
            2 flocks of Linnet, 2 flocks of Siskin.
            Need Brian Sumner and Dave Sutcliffe to help me out with ID of Buzzards
            and most other birds to be honest.










5 comments:

Bradshaw Rambler said...

Interesting stuff there Dave.
Good photos.
John

Dave Brotherton said...

Yeah I enjoyed the day John until the strong cold wind came along and blew my wig off.

Bradshaw Rambler said...

The pruce you have "to pay" for good birding Dave!!

Brian Sumner . said...

A good report Dave, stonking Raven shots and a good find with the Lanner falcon. escapee or not, we,ll never know.
PS, I dont mind being called Dave, I get called worse, see bottom of report.

Dave Brotherton said...

Haha sorry Dave oops I mean Brian