Friday 7 July 2017

Staveley to Adel Dam

 
   Set off to Staveley in high hopes this morning hoping for sunshine
   and plenty of Wildlife and got neither apart from half an hour of
   some sun and good lighting but after that it was just cloudy and dull,
   and the bird & wildlife were in hiding or miles away although they
   could be heard well enough, anyway after 3 hours of nothing I decided
   to call it a day which is a shame as its the first time this reserve has let
   me down as it is one of my favourites.

   On the way home I had a brainwave and decided to pop into Adel Dam
   as this is another of my favourite reserves and I'm so glad I did as the
   Birdlife was on form and on show, 3 Kingfishers, 3 Heron, Nuthatch,
   5 Great Spotted Woodpeckers, Green Woodpecker flypast but alas no
   Mandarin Ducks, hope they're ok or they might have moved on as a Mink
   is on the warpath, it has been seen everyday for the last two weeks so I
   think its time for traps to be put down to help the local wildlife.

























3 comments:

Danny said...

A great set of pictures Dave , love the Kingfishers.
Nigel

Bradshaw Rambler said...

Same here - great stuff Dave.
John

David Sutcliffe said...

Very nice pic's Dave