Sunday 5 November 2017

Remember the 5th of November


    I took a trip to Raw Nook Nature Reserve today after seeing
    reports of a Hawfinch being seen there a couple of days ago
    but it wasn't to be my day and nothing much to be seen at all,
    2 Coot, 2 Moorhen down by the ponds and a Sparrowhawk
    and 2 Bullfinch in Raw Nook woods, Wood Pigeon, Starlings,
    and Chaffinch flew over.

    I met a nice fella while I was there, he was doing the vis mig
    for Low Moor & Caldene Fields, Martyn Priestley was his name
    and he certainly knew his stuff about birds.

    On the way back to Halifax I decided to have a look on coach rd
    but builders were doing some work by the opening so I gave it a
    miss, I then decided to pop up to Jessop Hill track which is a nice
    walk and seen Robin, Dunnock, Blackbird, Mistle Thrush, Redwing
    flyover about 8 birds, Chaffinch, Blue Tit and lots of Corvids.

    After dinner I decided to do the Claremount circular walk and I'm
    glad I did apart from missing a few shots by being caught on the hop,
    2 Twite were on the track by the hay bails, Little Owl was sunbathing
    in a tree, a Peregrine flew overhead at some speed and then I could
    hear a Buzzard calling so I was skywatching looking for it and when
    I looked down the valley there it was so it caught me completely
    by surprise that it was that low and I couldn't get focus on it in time
    for a decent photograph, I then saw what I thought was a white chested
    Crow until I checked my pics at home and realised it was just reflection
    from the sunlight, but overall I had a decent day out and the weather was
    lovely apart from it being a bit chilly.

   Garden had 2 Greenfinch, 2 Chaffinch, 12 Goldfinch, Robin, Wren,
   3 Collared Dove, Sparrowhawk and a Redwing flypast 10 birds.
 
       HAPPY BONFIRE NIGHT.

 







                                          Spot the Buzzard
                                          Ditto















                                          And Again




1 comment:

Bradshaw Rambler said...

Quite a run out there Dave , on a lovely day.
Always great to get Little Owl.
I managed to spot your Buzzards as well!
John